Back in 2011, I started the process of updating the old master bedroom into a new-to-him boy's crash pad for Boy#2. We cleared out Mom and Dad to their new boudoir and started on the rock mural wall a la this:
Well, flash forward a few months people and as I entered my son's bedroom this morning I saw a little sumthin like this:
Twin bed? Done. After discussing the merits of diagonal sleeping, my son looked at me with his usual suspicious glare and then got totally wide eyed and exclaimed "I can get a bigger bed!" Cue the groaning from the wallet regions of my handbag.
So, being the thrifty Momma that I am, when I got to work I put out a corporate-wide email asking if anyone had a full/double for sale or swap. Hey, it never hurts to ask. Barring any bites there, I'm off on a 4 hour round trip to IKEA, right? I explained my plight and sent the email out.
SHAZAM! In 2 minutes, one of the women I work with sent me this pic. Is this what I was looking for? Would it suit Boy#2?
Source: IKEA.ca - Tromso Loft Bed
So, of course throughout my lunch hour, I have been looking at ideas like this:
source
from Sprinkle it with Fabulous
...or go right to the source for some decor ideas...
source
Now I'm getting excited. Oh the floorspace! Can you sing it with me people? Floor Space! Now I have yet to get Boy#2 on board but seriously...the convo will most likely go like this:
Me: "See this bed? Would you like something like this in your room?"
HIM: "Totally! I could hang blankets all around it, make forts, swing off the top rails and hang all my teddybears!"
Me: "I was sort of thinking a crisp, clean esthetic with a modern flair."
HIM: "Nope, total hangman's gallows coming up!"
It will end up looking like this...which is cool with me anywhooo...
from To Get Pregnant
Any thoughts, ideas? Had/have one of these bad boys? Pitfalls? Falling off in general? Even though he is 10, I still think I'm going to hear at least one 2:57 a.m. crash ;)





twice when i was a kid... but i lived to tell.
ReplyDeletei love it
~laura xx
I am following you on the NEW LINKY FOLLOWER tool.
ReplyDeleteI hope you will come follow me as well.
Cheri at Its So Very Cheri
I am now following you on Linky.I would love it if you followed me back. I really enjoy meeting new Bloggers.
ReplyDeleteYou found some great inspirational bedrooms - great food for thought. I found you via the Linky hop and have become your newest follower. Hope you have a chance to visit my blog and perhaps follow me back.
ReplyDeleteYou found some great inspirational bedrooms - great food for thought. I found you via the Linky hop and have become your newest follower. Hope you have a chance to visit my blog and perhaps follow me back.
ReplyDeletewe had 3 sets of regular bunk beds at one time...that worked ok..half of the kids liked the top best and half liked the bottom best..making the bunk beds was the worst chore!!
ReplyDeleteany (all) space will be taken up by a kid!!
good luck!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
I'm your newest follower from the Linky Followers blog hop... hope you can come by for a visit! www.domestically-speaking.com
ReplyDeleteWhat fun wall decor! Thanks for visiting me. I'm following via Linky now!
ReplyDelete-caroline @ c.w.frosting