Roeshel at the DIY Show Off has posted about the upcoming Google Friend Connect going away for WordPress blogs. I'm currently on Blogger but I don't want to miss out on any new peeps coming to play at the Mermaid. Nor do I want to lose everyone forever that I read and enjoy everyday in WP. So I've added the Linky Followers app to my blog. I'll be migrating some of you (those I stalk) out there over soon :)
As said on Roeshel's site, it's just a matter of time before Google decides to nuke the whole shebang for everyone. Is everyone else as tired of this as I am? I mean first Picnick, now Google Friend Connect??
What's next?
Facebook?
HA!
Check out Linky Followers, it's the wave of the future, don'tcha know?

Will do, I will be following everyone who linky's up with me:) Cause I am Canadian and oh so polite don'tcha know? LOL
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you know I just signed up to follow you and would really appreciate it if you would come over and follow my new LINKY FOLLOWER tool.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
XO XO,
Cheri (from Its So Very Cheri)
I've also seen the news about Google discontinuing the Followers app. Disappointing, as I have worked hard to build up my following there. I wonder if Facebook will also replace it? I follow quite a few blogs through Facebook and created a page for myself too so that others can follow me. Perhaps I'll check out Linky followers as well; thanks for the tip.
ReplyDelete