February 25, 2012

To Die for or Tie Dye For?

Busy morning today. Up at 7:30 a.m. to go to the Zumba class at the YMCA, Quinn was leading a set today and he was pretty stoked. The class was all ages so I got to "rumba and zumba" next to Grammas and 2 year olds :) It was an awesome way to start my day. Not to mention, the Class Instructor was sooooo cute doing his choreography to "Dynamite"....



After that, Mr and I headed out in driving snow to retrieve a little something that I thought had been sold out from under me, but NO! It was mine today :) All mine. More on that to come.

Here's a hint....


I found this version online HERE and no I did not pay over $3000 for it!!!

This afternoon, I rearranged my master bedroom to make some room for the new find, but as many times as I made the bed I just couldn't stop staring at the fugly cream coloured bedskirt I have been stuck with cause I am cheap using. It just didn't sing with the new comforter set I scored at Marshalls last fall :( All that lime, olive and teal....gone to waste because of a cream bedskirt.....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....I know!

Walmart = $4.99


Now before you start laughing, my inspiration was Anthropologie-esque in that I knew if I could pull off the same tones and colours, this would be genius....but that's the trick isn't it? I love this bedding from the Anthropologie site and was thinking of this for inspiration.



So, what to do when your project could possibly be a disaster and you don't want to shoulder all the blame? Enlist minions, then you can share the shame.


I am pretty pleased with our results, the colours are muddier than the crisp pattern on the quilt but I kinda like the contrast. If you peek to the left you can see my new find.....a little teaser :)





So, thoughts and opinions.....do I keep it or start shopping now? Truthfully, it was a fun project for Q and I and we only ended up with blue and green hands for the trouble.

Showing off:


Becolorful

7 comments:

  1. Is this YOUR bedroom? Wow...it's SO different from the last time you showed it! It looks freaking amazing! I love the wall colour, the bedding and that bedskirt is bloody fantastic!!!!

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like it in contrast with the traditional pattern on the comforter. And is that a white mid-century modern display case with chartreuse interior? I'm thinking I could get that across the Peace Bridge with no one being the wiser! I see a week at Crystal Beach in my future, with a side trip to Fort Erie. In the dead of night. Wearing black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great!...and it has a story...which is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through the new linky followers blog hop. I'm so happy to be your newest follower, it would be great if you follow me back. :)

    And, on Friday I'll be hosting a "What does your blog want to be when it grows up" blog hop with a few of my blog buddies ... have you thought of your blog's hopes and dreams?

    Please check it out here...http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/when-im-five/

    Karah
    thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dharma, the Tie Dye looks freakin' amazing! I'm impressed. But then, that's just how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE.
    lovelovelovelovelovelovelove it.

    Brilliant idea! Cant wait to see the rest of your find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blam girl. That is ridiculously cool. Now the bedskirt is as dynamite as the zumba class. :D Brilliant idea to do a tye-dye. It kind of shakes up the whole room. As for the chest of drawers you scored, I CAN NOT WAIT to see what fabulousness you have brought to the room since I CAN NOT see it here yet. :D
    xoxo,
    impatient in iowa
    (p)

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)