July 2, 2011

I wanna ROCK!

Long story. I ended up at home this week with what I thought was chicken pox. Not the pox, hot tub folicullitis. So much less sexy. Plah! However, I ended up at home, contagious with nothing to do. Hmmmmmmm...... except getting to a few promises I made around here to this guy.






Quinn is a rockhound. He scales trees like a spider monkey and is constantly weighing down his pockets with shells and unusual varieties of stones he finds on his many adventures. A while ago (about 6 months or so but who's counting) I ordered and received a wall mural for his *new* bedroom. Quinn was moved into the old master bedroom when Greg and I renovated the two upstairs rooms into one. Quinn also channels Frank Sinatra.

So, with time on my hands and a husband who is off for the summer.....the going was tough so the tough got going.



I have been creating as cloffice for Quinn for a few weeks, it's still a work in progress as you can see. But we're getting there.


The canvas!



The crazy nightstand idea I got from a recycled set of kid's drums. Hey....the theme is ROCK!



One of the artists. This mural went up in a little over 2 hours. The shrinkage factor was a bit daunting and I'm not thrilled with the overlap but all in all a pretty good effect for the price.




Seriously, we need new linens, drapes and a single panel drape for the cloffice....but good things come to those that wait :)



We put up some shelves and a corkboard to organize all his booty!



I'm determined to make this cool! For the coolest 9 year old around.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/03/2011

    Wouldn't I just love a great big mural like that for my room, except mine will have a scale TARDIS!!! Quinn is one lucky duck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG totally cool room. Cooler kid. I love a guy that can rock a chapeau. Seriously, how fun is he.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it awesome to have a boy that rocks!?! I love it when kids channel music into everything they do in their lives. My son does the same thing. And hey, I have to say the old set of drums as a nightstand has TOTALLY gave me great ideas!!!! :)

    This is my son's page, in case you are curious. ;)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Rock-Star/154639161244402

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flippin' brilliant! I love the mural, and good job playing to his loves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! You're such a cool mom! I love the drum nightstand - how clever!

    Hope you're having a great summer, Dharma! :)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)