March 13, 2012

Grey, gray or greige?

Have you ever had or do you currently have one of these? Or something similar? I think I put up evidence of this in a post from last year.

002

You know the one thing that does not go with your faux-stainless steel appliances that you got on sale as floor models? Right. Well, I do. I call him Hank. As in Mr. Hanky. As in gross.

002A

I have thought about begged for an OVR microwave. $400. I have thought about dreamed of switching out this hood for a stainless one but as aforementioned, my appliances aren’t exactly stainless either. $250 for something that will not go….what is a girl to do? I know.

003004

When the going gets tough, the tough IMPROVISE. Or Disaster DIY….

005006

009

Have you pitched a tent or are you just happy to see me….Hank?

Well, I did manage to find some Rustoleum “Hammered Metal” in stainless but the darn trigger gave up….it was back to the paint stash. Quinn did give his feelings on the whole “We can’t use the “heavy metal” paint son.” issue.

011

But…after consulting the stash, we did find a water based latex spray that may or may not endure. We shall see. Grey, gray or greige. You decide. Krylon has yet to let me down. Yet.

011A

Alright Mama! Bust this sucka out! See my cheering section? LOL

013

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm…….does this look spotty to anyone else? Where is my brush?
Remember sweep with fine spray strokes. Sweep! Sweep hard!!!!!! (Canadian curling joke)

014

015018

………………..DRUMROLL PLS……………………………………………………………

024

Seven years. Seven years I have lived with Hank. Hank is now gone, I christen thee, Hansel the Handsome. I’m just hoping Hansel lasts until I get my dream appliances. Hey, a girl can dream.

025

I’m gonna link this up to a few paint parties through the week, I’ll be posting links as I do Smile

Thanks for diving in at the Mermaid,

Dharma





A Little Knick Knack Linking up to: Thrifty Decor Chick's Spraypaint Party

5 comments:

  1. wow!...dealing with the details takes lots of energy and time...kudos to you!....it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! I love it -- and, boy, are you brave. You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, you resourceful thing you. Totally impressed and thanks for the laughs too.
    luvs ya,
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you DIY project...and being brave to try. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)