February 3, 2012

The True North Strong & Free....

Thanks to Jo who blogs with abandon over at To A Pretty Life, I now proudly wave my maple leaf on my sidebar.

When I started blogging, I would only run across the very rare and elusive Canadian blogger....and I would leap allover that mess! "Friend!!!!!!" As I have been around longer and longer, started attending blogger events here in the GTA and made more connections across this vast frozen wasteland (lol), I'm finding more and more of you out there. For that, I am very thankful. It is an amazing thing to come here and make dear friends from all over the world but there is something to be said for your homeys :)

Thanks Jo, for the button that tells people right away when they visit that I am polite, wear a toque in the winter and have once in my life eaten blubber.

I have lived in 4 provinces in my lifetime. Which makes me VERY Canadian :)
B.C., Alberta, Manitoba and now Ontario.....I seem to be working my way east.


Where is home for you, my friend?

8 comments:

  1. Ontari-ari-ari-OOOOOOO!

    Love my Canada; the happiest place on earth!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm only half, but does it count? I'll sing! O Canada, my home and native land...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gone the opposite direction from you - from Alberta to BC. I love this land, though I've never eaten blubber (I do like snow).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My button looks good on you! Thanks for linking to me! I'm from Alberta, born and raised. My husband is from Ontario, so I keep trying to convince him to move east ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am from ontario, currently in PEI, back in ontario for the summer.
    it is certainly a frozen wasteland out east right now .... chilly!
    cheers to all !
    ~laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba! Where did you live when you were in Manitoba?
    I lived in BC for most of my life and the last 3 1/2 have been here. My husband and I LOVE it! He's a Sasketchewan-ite. I think it's the best of both worlds. We have all of the amenities and the friendliness of country people. LUV it!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh, thanks to "How I Met Your Mother" repeats I now command a hefty arsenal of Canadian jokes ...

    :)

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2/07/2012

    Love that we're both feeling a little Canadian pride today in bloggersland Dharma!
    I've lived in Manitoba all my life, except for a two year stint in Alberta for college. I love the prairie provinces! Woot. Woot.!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)