July 19, 2011

"Womb to Tomb" Friends? I think not.

I like to check in on the Pioneer Woman. She makes me laugh and she rocks out some amazing recipes. I even bought her cookbook.....and I rarely buy those. She regularly talks about her friends. Those friends she has been friends with since they were babies. I don't have any of those.

My parents moved us around so much when we were younger that by the time I ended up in highschool, I think I was on school number 10+....I have lost track of pretty much anyone I ever met prior to Grade 12 and those who did stay on the radar are mostly relegated to Facebook because I live 4000 kms from the west coast now.

I know I will only ever have one "womb to tomb" friend - my sister Julie, but for others I do have a specificly awesome class of girlfriend to whom I like to refer as my....

"GREAT ASS to GRASS Girls"

You know, the ones you meet in your late 20s or early 30s (when you were most smokin') that make you laugh so hard you do this:




























or this:





















































some of this:





























and pretty much this nonstop.....




























I intend to know these ladies till they put me under the dirt. Who are your girls? Have you called one today?

4 comments:

  1. I have made it my goal to find new friends this year. My "old" friends dropped me like a hot brick when my scandal hit the news .... so the heck with them, I will just find new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, most of these chics have all the "scandal they could handle" on me anyway ;) we always joke that we know too much about each other to ever stop being friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, i LOVE that! i used to have 2 good friends from college that i lived with for a few years after, but we've lost touch. this is making me nostalgic, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. I'm pretty sure it deserves a shout out. I have had a series of best friends in my life. Call me fickle or just evolving. I moved back to the town I grew up in and there are those that still hang out with the old HS group and have never moved on but really I can't stand them anymore. :0 Cradle to grave friends would be great and a sister would be even better. Maybe in my next life.
    Your uber fun loving friends look like my kind of women. If they are like you they must be spectacular.
    P

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)