When Greg and I bought our first house, everything was "1985 Hunter Green". So sexy. I was so stumped I went out and bought Hunter Green sofa and chairs to match.....oh woe is me that I don't have those pictures anymore. You would seriously cringe. Hence the beginning of my aversion to dark green. Now, you know I have a beautiful spring green bedroom (which I will be showing off this week - she got an updo) but you would know if we were next-door BFFs that I ABHOR dark green :(
Enter, what I consider to be, my dream home. The only problem, really? The ding-dong who built it used the same dark sage green countertops in not only the kitchen. Oh no. Why? When you can enjoy green with a scroll design in every room that has the need for counters? Yes, ladies and gents, all my counters are the SAME throughout the house. Green. *sob*
So, after fighting and raging against the machine for 6 years, I have become zen with the green counters in my kitchen. I had decided earlier to bring in a different shade on these fab mod finds and this past weekend I brought more green in. I figure as long as I like the pattern and shade.....meh, maybe the counters will grow on me.
So here are some updated photos of my main floor kitchen and dining room. Of course, I also had to flip the table and paint the skirt/legs to match my new cabinet and buffet :) Thanks to my neice Casey for being a trooper and helping me do a number of projects this weekend.....all of which I will be boring you with in great detail!
Does this happen to you too?
Wow, I went shopping for drapes and hardware. Came home 2 hours later, giddy from finding everything I needed for 5 windows for $70 (Yes, bow to me) and *puked* this allover my kitchen table. Seriously, why do my projects always end up allover my table? You with me?
Anyway. I digress. I had bought 3 panels for the kitchen/dining room. One to alter for over the kitchen window and 2 for the dining room. The rods I chose were cream to match the new-to-me furniture I've refinished for the space.....so onto the kitchen window. Wait......are those chips? Cracking? Since when.......ugh.......alright.
Get the paint.
Paint, dry, alter drape panel, hang rod and put up new lovely cafe curtain......
I love you cafe curtain. Meet your parents? Why I'd love to!
So, after rediscovering the kitchen table, Casey and I flipped that sucka and got down to business! Outside? Who goes outside to paint in 110 degrees? Pbbbbbbtttttttttt!
SO! Here is a shot of the kitchen. New green curtain, new green rug, same white range hood. Hey, like all of God's creatures my kitchen is a work in progress.
The barstools above will be painted out soon and boy do I have some goregous fabric to do those up right! (Yes, I am wringing my hands together and twisting my moustache:)
Like I said we are all a work in progress. I have decided a little dab of green in this space is good. I have yet to complete the barstools, switch the range hood, find a 6 foot hole to dump that water cooler in and buy new kitchen chairs that aren't plastic but for now......I am pleased. I am one with my green countertops.....ommmmmmmm ommmmmmmm ommmmmmmmm.
Nice job! I love the angles in your house. I would dream to have houses with angles like that.
ReplyDeleteUm.... Well, now that I've read that, having "houses" would be nice if I were Brad Pitt and Angelina. Lemme rephrase. Having a house with angles would be nice. Heck, having a house of my own and not living in a rental I can't paint would be amazing. :)
ReplyDeleteOkay. So see, I think this is working. I'm getting a retro vibe here and retro is cool. Thus, your kitchen is now cool and we always knew you were. It's all coming together now. :)
ReplyDeletePam
Hey, so glad I found your blog through "Becolorful"! Nice to meet another Ontarian blogger! I live in TO and am also a middle aged mom and mermaid wannabe! I'm also your newest Follower!
ReplyDeleteIt's looking good, Dharma!!! Love the cafe curtains and the parents! lol! So clever! Can't wait to see more! ;)
ReplyDeleteI love watching a work in progress and yours is stellar. I am groovin' on those curtains. Seriously, very cool. So glad you linked up your your kitchen progress. It is just the kind of post I love to see and be inspired by.
ReplyDeletePam