Have you done it? Did you buy a kit or make your own? Has anyone ever used the "whole wall" stencils from Cutting Edge? I know they are all the rage, but I am hesitant to do something really trendy in here. I'm not planning on changing it again soon, ya dig?
Would you do the far wall only or both walls (behind the headboard and the far wall)????
I'm considering a very opaque stencil in a larger format so as not to be too busy and what to do about that cool-air exchange? Oy!
I'm thinking I could mirror the pattern in the drapery panels with this, just very subtle.
All efforts to talk me out of this will be considered :)
Have a great long weekend to most of my Canuckleheads.

i would not stencil myself because i like to change things up and move things around. I would hang a large modern painting instead...or stencil on a canvas that i could change if i wanted. keeping everything loose allows for more creativity.....(plus it is very hard to paint over stenciling without lots of sanding)
ReplyDeleteIn the mid 90's you couldn't see the walls for the stencils in this house, and now suddenly, i'm doing it all over again!!
ReplyDeleteI cut my own from acetate sheets, and dab the brush to death - it needs to be practically empty of paint so you can build up layers.
good luck brave one!!!!!!
hey... i think i would tend to concur with mermaid susan... im a more transitory kind of girl and enjoy change over permanence. she holds a good point. a large canvas even with that print would be totally cool
ReplyDelete~laura
Go all Nike on yourself and
ReplyDeleteJUST DO IT
Love the stencil. Then tell me how it worked out for you. )
Pam
You are so brave for even thinking about doing this!
ReplyDeleteI'm nervous about, because it's so permanent and difficult to get rid of. I love the idea of using the pattern that you've chosen and painting it on a huge canvas and hanging that (over the bed).
ReplyDeleteWhat do you think?
I love the idea of the stencil, and the kids over at Dream Home DIY did the coolest thing with their thermostats: they painted a picture frame a wild color and framed the silly thing! Hey, if you can't camoflage it, flaunt it!
ReplyDelete