July 30, 2015

Louise strikes again!

My "free to me" partner in crime, Wendy (she is the Louise to my Thelma) texted me one morning to tell me she was GUARDING a free desk on the side of the road and I needed to get there ASAP. Greg, who blessedly is always down for a hilarious curb find, and I jumped in the truck and found her parked immediately in front of a home essentially blocking all comers from taking an old warped waterfall desk and mirror.

That, my friends, is love.

I am peeved that I didn't take a before shot cause that thing was SHOT. Glue, sanding and a few brad nails later, the body was in better shape. I started with a pickling stain to lighten the stank but thought the inlay dressers were kinda pretty so I left them. The inlay between the column was done, as in DUN so I applied some Aubusson Blue ASCP. Progress shot:


























What's a junk find without a little humour?

A little dark wax, lots of elbow grease and this is starting to look like something I would actually wheel inside (lovely brass casters yo).



























Back to trying to finish off the livingroom....did I mention Greg painted the whole room white last week? Now......what to do about that mirror?

Muahahahahahahahahahahaha

6 comments:

  1. That is a great find and I like how you did the tops and sides. At first I thought it was going to be a solid paint job but now I see (and really like) the pickling look. I love white walls and have many white walls in our home too. Our bedroom is in the midst of being painted Simply White. I came by via Meg at Oliver and Rust. Had to chuckle at your hawt caps comment. Living in southern Ontario as well I totally understand! Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends won't guard it for me, but they'll call me if they see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow girl you did a great job!!!!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Nice post. You did a great job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is love!!!
    whatta find! girl that was seriously lots and lots of work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still Smiling... my Friends and I Share that kinda Love too! A great Transformation too, well worth Guarding now, but the fact you all could Envision what it COULD be is what I find to be the most Inspirational! Happy Thanksgiving from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)