July 23, 2015

Free. My favourite F word.

So after finishing my mermaid spa out of the master bath, I was still lacking artwork for the far wall. How does one find specific mermaid inspired art....for no money?


































Enter my girl Louise (I am her Thelma), my garage-sailing babe. She was given 4 weird canvas art pieces of shoes at a garage sale by a man who just wanted these 12x12 canvases gone from his life. Yup, shoes. I mean, I like shoes but I do not want art of shoes. Each to their own.

























Weird right? Weirder is it was a set of 2. Times 2. Doubles of shoes. Weird.

I had mermaid stencils, cause what Mermaid doesn't? So I set to work covering the canvases in ASCP 'Versailles". Broke out the stencils and used the same chalk paint in Aubusson Blue (leftovers from the dining table and chairs). Finished these babies off with a bit of white pickling stain to soften the colours and VOILA.

































mermaid art yo :) fo free.....fo sure!


3 comments:

  1. Yay! No loonies were spent on this production.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like free! Great redo on those canvases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those shoe pics were pretty vile! haaaa!!! great purpose! very clever, no one would ever guess at what lurks underneath! well done you!

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)