July 7, 2015

Eau de toilet....

I started working on the very first room I ever painted in the Casa over 10 years ago now. How I ever got ready in the morning in a YELLOW main bathroom I will never understand. Maybe I have been jaundiced for years and couldn't tell?

The original room was Benjamin Moore's "Straw Hat", which do not get me wrong is a beautiful shade of warm yellowy green, but maybe not what I would pick now as a hue I'd like to reflect first thing in the mirror....ya know?

The cabinets were the warm cherry-ish that is throughout the builder's special and the counters were the same spectacular green laminate with a scroll design that became the bane of my existence in the kitchen. BANE! Thankfully those were replaced 2 years ago now.

So as it happened, I had 5 days off over the long weekend and I said to myself...."SELF, you are worthy of a new bathroom makeover!". But then my other self (am I the only one who has a few me's in there??) said...OK ShopperJo, you got $200 buckeroonies.

So here is the breakdown so far:

I rejuvinated (which means I busted out the leftover Rustoleum Transformations Kit from the kitchen, where I originally tried to cheap out on new counters) the countertop in the black stone finish. Used my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White and clear wax on the vanity drawers and doors. This is an in progress type post so here is an in progress type picture, LOL.

































So far, free to me and only incurred the cost of repetetive motion on my tennis elbow.

Greg is painting the walls and most of the trim BM's (pun intended...teehee....I am 6) Cloud White as I speak. That was 50 dollars....But I have big plans for that blank, square wall behind the sink!

Here is my inspiration from Me and My DIY.

































Like Arnold, I'll be back.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see more!
    so funny i had a yellow bathroom once too... yellow like pee or sunshine. now that you mentioned it how did i ever put on my make up?!
    in an unrelated bathroom story i have a family member who did a whole dragon fly themed bathroom complete with sponge painted brown cat tails.... yea it looked like shit, literally... but hey that's not my business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes....dragonflies and cattails? TBH though I once did an entire bathroom in checkerboard with two shades of green. My husband still laughs about that debacle. :)

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)