Remember that tease? The KING sized one? Well, it delivered alright. It delivered a blackened, dirty un-loved 7 foot by 6 foot monster a la this to my doorway on Saturday:
Thank goodness the ad on Kijiji was blurry, I don't know if I would have tackled this otherwise. Originally from the beautiful shape, I thought gothic shabby cottage chic? LOL - say that 5 times fast....but I was a bit stumped on a colour.
I had lots of inspiring pieces pinned to my Pinterest board though so I was sure it would come to me.
Then it arrived and it is 100% antique (although a cross brace has been added), dark walnut to the bone and about 200 lbs. 80" across and 65" high. Before I could even think of painting it I had to get the gunge off and see if I could save it. Apparently it was from an old Catholic manse, when the property sold a B&B owner in Niagara Falls bought it. His renovation is my gain :)
TSP, some small sanding, warm water, elbow grease and mineral oil and here it is:
Ready for her close up Mr. DeMille.
NO paint for Veronica! She is far too dark and lovely for a makeover :)
Linking this one up to Beyond the Picket Fence for their vintage soiree!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)