January 23, 2012

Whaz up?

I am always amazed that someone will nominate me for anything, let alone (given my ridiculous absence here) a Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks Kirby. Kirby and I are newly formed buds in blogland, she writes a mean blog herself called Kirb Appeal and I love her humour. Must be an Ontario thang :) I love blogging but sometimes the pace of my life precludes any consistent additions in this little space in the cyber-Universe. That being said…. I will jump right in and answer a few questions and happily accept my award!


So part of this dealio is answering a few questions posted by Kirby.....I know you're dying to know all this stuff so....


1. What was your favorite class in school?

English Literature. Hands down. I have loved reading and writing my whole life. Not that I am at all good at the latter, but I do try. Blogging is my outlet for that I guess. Mr. Kelley, my Grade 12 Lit teacher, told me I was “talented”. I hang onto that for dear life.


2. If you could have someone from "Top Chef" make your favorite meal (as opposed to someone like me, who would burn it), what would that meal include?

I’m a meat and potatoes gal. Happiest Dharma is full of steak, potato salad and corn on the cob.

3. Coffee or tea?

Coffee. Lots of coffee. Gallons of coffee. On Mondays. Be afraid. Even my boss makes a pot before I come into the office, he knows which side his bread is buttered on.

4. Do you like to read? If so, do you have a favorite book or author?

I love to read. Mostly, I read blogs and Facebook (I’m a troll…teehee). I do and have read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Kind of like 8 times in a row now waiting for the final book. I’m such an Outlander nerd I even have the Outlandish Companion book to refer to as a sort of Outlander encyclopedia. Geek.

5. What vacation spot would you visit again?

Dominican Republic. Greg and I vacayed there about 5 years ago and I loved the white sand beaches in Punta Cana. I am however looking forward to at some point in my family life to being able to leave my kids without a babysitter and 911 already speed dialed into the landline. Then it is off to Europe!

6. Is there any sports team you particularly care about? Or are you more of a 'figure skater' type?

I am by default a hockey wife. I know way more about hockey than I care to admit. That being said I am a Vancouver Canucks fan, again by default. It’s safer that way at my house.

7. Frozen yogurt or ice cream?

Ice Cream. Black Cherry. All the way.

8. Is there any television show you simply cannot miss?

I am soooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the return of the Game of Thrones series on HBO. Really, all things HBO float this chic’s boat. True Blood, Boardwalk Empire… it's all the guts, sex and drama. I never got over being a goth chic.

9. Who is your favorite "James Bond" actor?

There is no other Bond than Sean Connery. Over and out.

10. If you had a day when you are snowed in with absolutely no one else in the house and you can do whatever you like and you haven't lost your electricity, what would you do?

Turn up the hifi as loud as my neighbours could stand it, dance and karaoke in my living room for my dog’s benefit. In my gonch.

So as far as I understand it, I must nominate some other blogs that I admire and ask some questions for them to answer. Here goes:

1. Who do you wish you could be for one day? Alive preferably :)
2. Worst Valentines Day gift ever?
3. The Bachelor. Horribly fascinating or just horrible? Discuss.
4. Favourite smell?
5. Favourite cuss word?
6. When you reach the pearly gates, what would you like God (or your diety of choice) to say to you?
7. Dog or cat person?
8. Vocation? Job? Passion? Which of these describe where you go to make money?
9. Are you a first born, middle or baby in your family birthorder?
10. Where do you want to be 10 years from now? Literally?

I am sending this little award onto a few blogs that blow my skirt up on a regular basis...check these out, yo!

Sue at Beach Bungalow


Pam at Cherish Toronto



Kelly at Eclectically Vintage

As for Dharma, she will be attending the Canadian Design Bloggers meetup on Saturday, Jan 28th. Lots of pics and details to come. I will be hauling my manthings with me to Toronto to take in some sites and a meal. Have a great week everyone!!!

Moi

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing this! Sean Connery? Is my freebie. My husband is perfectly okay with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like that you would rock some tunes and have a blast... i actually do that all the time... because i live alone :)
    fun ! good to know you
    ~laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. JanaBobana1/23/2012

    Who sat behind you in Mr Kelly's class, slept thru it and failed it dramatically? Moi! LOL. Remember "Word Power Made Easy" and "Thought for the Day". Beowulf ugh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Beowulf. That makes me a super-nerd doesn't it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dharma! #1,#3,#4,#5 and #6..O and #9....I would have anwsered ALL of those the exact same way...Except, for safety reasons...Calgary Flames in my house...Edmonton Oilers at my Grandpa's..and I too own the Outlandish Companion..

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)