Everyone on every blog I've been looking over this past week is having some sort of *year in review*. Well, I cannot for the life of me come up with an entire year of events or projects that would make you want my life....but I do have a bit to share about what "blew my skirt up" this year in 2011!
Starting into 2011 I completed a few really cool projects on Greg and I's newly renovated master bedroom. Man, are we enjoying that space. Truly, knocking out a few walls and creating a haven for me and the big guy was a HUGE plus!
Going from this
To this!
I did manage to get to rub elbows with a few celebs....OK, one. But I had so much fun at the Canadian Design Bloggers Meetup in June and meeting Mr. Tommy Smythe was a highlight!
I finished a really cool project and redesigned my kitchen space to include a wholly new cabinet and buffet my neice and I toiled over during some of the hottest days of summer....
....and we did manage to put in a little something for the boys this year, thanks guys, you may now nominate your parents as *Mom and Dad of the Year*....considering we had over a month of 40 degree+ weather, I'd say we rock! Behold, the May to September bathtub at my place!
We threw a humdinger (does anyone say that anymore??) of a Halloween bash for the kids this year and then I got right into my new project....the one that has languished in my living area for months now. This has been stalled not because I am lazy (PERISH the though) but because I cannot seperate myself from my new toy long enough to get it fixed. The radio works so well, the sound is so lovely....you should come and dance in my livingroom. We do it nightly now :)
But I will have this refurbished and then watch out....painting will ensue.
I have made a resolution to not make any resolutions, so that takes care of that for 2012. I think I'll continue to roll along. Kind of like a boat on the sea, just catching the waves as they come. Being surprised and enjoying the high spots and avoiding the lows...
Happy New Year to you all, my lovelies....thanks for diving in at the Mermaid throughout 2011. Your comments and support throughout the year is why I keep swimming back here...don't forget to feed my fishies before you leave!


Happy New Year--that little green and white buffet is adorable!
ReplyDeleteSo if I bring my skates can we do a few loop de loops on that pool?
ReplyDeleteDamn girl, you got a lot done this year. Can't wait to see the encore of 2012 beginning with that stereo console.
Thanks for sharing.
P
Oh, I love your blog! Thank you for following me; I will follow you as soon as I get home...they won't let me get to my blog from school. And I LOVE TOMMY! He seems like the kind of guy I want to go shopping with. (And we weren't too far from the falls, either--Ft. Erie in the 1960s and 70s, Welland and St. Catherines later on.) Have you seen my post where I stalk Niagara-on-the Lake?
ReplyDeleteRubbing elbows. Pshh. How fabulous do you look? Damn fab. You have had a pretty full year gf. When do you find time to blog about it? I am doing something wrong. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteP
wow girl... you rock !
ReplyDeletecheers to 2012
~laura x