November 6, 2010

It's mine! All mine I tell you!

Remember the thrifting idiot? I saw this *perfect* teak desk in our local SVDP store for $85.00, I walked away only to have the worst thrifter's remorse ever.... after research and then finding this ad picture below online, the desk was being sold for $600!!!!!!!!! I felt sweaty.




I have a secret to tell you. You know you've done this too.....so I feel safe here. I have stalked this desk for weeks. I called the store to see if it had been reduced, kinda on a regular basis. I was thinking of filing papers for visitation and then... *cue angels singing*

$70.00 on sale....OK, OK only $15.00 bucks off, but damn it, it was the principal of the thing really. So my love and I packed it off to it's new home in Liam's room. He needs a highschool desk now...you know for homework. OK, really for junk and his computer. Look at it.



Yes, it needs a sand and restain. But it looks kinda familiar huh? I'm so pleased...wheeeeeeeeee

4 comments:

  1. Dude! How did you get your own button? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah, you went back and got it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, ma'am! I did and it's perfectomundo (Fonz reference intended)....aaayyyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find! It's got some nice legs ;)

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)