September 27, 2010

help me, I'm a thrifting idiot!

So I went to our local St. Vincent de Paul store on Saturday and the most gorgeous thing was laying upside down on a pile of the most hideous couches ever....this is as close as I can get to the desk I saw and yes it was solid teak (with no chair) with 3 small drawers on each side, a cubby secreted away in the back and a table surface that needs refinishing....
















I walked away. Smug in my thinking $85.00 was WAY too much. OMG! I have now awoken from what apparently was some sort of fume-induced madness and know that those desks are HUNDREDS of dollars. It was still there today but they had no one to help me lug this thing into my van....

WAH!

I can only hope no one else in my town knows how awesome a deal this is and that I can convince someone to come and carry the other end tomorrow :(

Send thrifting vibes please!

7 comments:

  1. lol, that's why I have all my friends with trucks on speed dial! you never know when you'll need them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my dad had a desk similar to that when I was a kid... very cool. May all who come close to it (who aren't you) trip and fall and scrape their knees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare - send me those numbers! lol

    Ryan - from your black little brain to the Universe's ears :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had a jet I would be right there! You must get that desk it is SO COOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are hilarious and I love your writing style--and YES that desk is amazing!! I expect you to find a way to get that in your home pronto, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and thanks for your super sweet comment on Little Miss Momma *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. 85$ for TEAK!!!!!! WOW!
    I'm a thrifting junkie too and sometimes catch myself gaulking at prices only to remember..."compare compare compare."

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)