Remember her having her mirrors removed? One of which turned into this?
Well....finally.....I got more than 20 minutes to get at this project so we went gung-ho this weekend my neice and I. I love Maya, she is such a partner in crime. :) Thanks for all your attention to nooks and crannies Miss M!
Let's get ready to rumble..............
First we primed the entire piece with Zinsser primer to cut some of the 30+ years of storage stench and vacuumed the whole piece out. Wiped down the drawers and emptied some Febreeze into the area.....Gramma was obviously a smoker :)
Then we painstakingly added 3 coats of Rustoleum's Heritage White...to all those detailed crannies.
I mentioned my lovely neice painting all the crannies right?
After sufficient drying time (DIYers = 30 minutes), we sprayed the knobs with Aqua Painter's Touch spraypaint by Rustoleum to match this little roadside attraction I had finished a month ago or so... they will be in the same familyroom. The dresser will be the new TV armoire once I get the flat screen mouted above it....projects, projects, projects.
So after much toil, this is the final product. You never see furniture with this kind of detail anymore....and maybe that's a good thing (LOL) but we're proud of it. I may soften the knob colour with a bit of silver to tone it down a tad but she turned out lovely. Just a quick final spray of clearcoat so that I can wipe it down (which in my house WILL happen) and we were finished. Now onto getting that flat screen TV mounted and getting this pretty sista in her new room!
Finally, she is completed. I'm kinda crushin' on her.





That turned out great, I wish I would be able to find furniture to redo. I never find any. Lucky Duck.
ReplyDeleteFab U Lo So. Crazy for it.
ReplyDeletePam
Thanks Ladies!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's awesome!
ReplyDeleteI love how this turned out, so happy I found your blog. Visiting from TDC!!
ReplyDeletelifeofperks.blogspot.com
I Love it!!! The detail of this old dresser was not very attractive, until you gave it a coat of paint and then it's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWho woulda thought?? It's so cute now!
ReplyDeleteOoh, I really like that. Cool colors you chose!!
ReplyDeleteWow. Huge change! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!
ReplyDeleteThis is really fab! who would have thought it would turn out so well?.... well, you did obviously!
ReplyDeletethat is stunning !!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go girly! This is so fresh and creative! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your wonderful creations up at my weekly party, Fabulous Friday Finds, every Friday! Hope to see you there!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~
The detail is awesome! I love the white with the little addition of color. Very nice1
ReplyDeleteI'm having a Scentsy giveaway on my blog. Love it if you could join! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com
Have a wonderful day!
You are so lucky! I have been searching for a year for a dresser with that much detail!! I am so jealous! It looks great! LUCKY girl! I would totally buy it from you in a heartbeat!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the makeover, I am green with envy!! lol!
Tasha
www.dotdotdotthis.blogspot.com
Wow! This turned out just amazing, the details stand out so much better in white - love!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stumbling across my blog - so lovely to "meet" another Canadian blogger! holla!
Wow wow wow. I love it so much! Never would have guessed there was a beautiful thing waiting to come out.
ReplyDeleteHi! I love finding Canadian bloggers with the same interests as mine. Your dresser turned out gor-ge-ous!!! Love the detail and your knobs are so sweet!
ReplyDeleteHugs from another Canadian,
Cindy
this is so fantastic! I wouldn't do anything to the pulls. That bright happy blue is awesome as is! Good job :) I just finished a diy 70's record cabinet, if you get a chance come to my blog and see :)
ReplyDelete<3 Clare
Amazing! Keep up the great work. We posted about your project briefly over at www.UglyThenPretty.com
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your next project! Be sure to send it our way so we can tell others about it!
Very stunning. You did a beautiful job!
ReplyDeleteholy. crap. i LOVE this. and i would steal it from you. ....(but i won't, don't worry.)
ReplyDeleteI'd be crushing on it too!! Everything looks so great painted white....Oh, the knobs...fab! I am visiting from Miss Mustard Seed.
ReplyDeleteCarol
This turned out GORGEOUS!
ReplyDeleteThis dresser turned out amazing! Seriously the touch of blue brings it to a whole other level!
ReplyDelete