July 6, 2010

Who knew? You?

Did you know that I, and I alone, am in charge of some of the stupidest and most demeaning things that go on in my household? By virtue of being the only thing in the house with ovaries, it has now become clear that there are certain inane duties and things that go on in my house that MUST be executed by yours truly. The following is a list in no particular order:

1) I am the only one who can and will flush a toilet with prominent #2 evidence swirling within.

2) Toilet paper actually may cause my boys' fingers to fall off, so again, replacement of this hazardous stuff is my problem.

3) I am the only one allowed to order take-out. Apparently you must have boobs to understand the Lebanese gentleman on the phone that takes orders for Lee's Chinese Express.

4) I am the only human in my home who understandably cares that every throw pillow in the place is on the familyroom floor and I am also the only being that takes them back to their 'homes'.

5) Anything that even remotely resembles an appointment to be made, banking to be completed or other unsavoury calls/ errands are all mine, sister. Back off!

6) The fact that I have only 3 pairs of teen boys underpants in the laundry (in the span of 2 weeks) is only on my conscience and my conscience alone.

7) The taking on of teenage boys in my house (which are mostly the Boy#1's friends) falls to me, my "dry wit" and a whole lot of potential swearing. Being a neighbourhood den-mom, it is now expected that I say who sleeps over, when and announces the time the next day that they are to be unceremoniously booted out on their arses.

What's on your list?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/09/2010

    You wash your teens' clothes?! Ooh... lucky kids. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, my husband washes the 14 y/o's clothes. I put it away, as his OCD does not translate that far. Laundry is Greg's thing. He's compulsive about it :) Thank God. If it were left to me we'd find an indigent man living under the pile by the time I conceded to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just too funny :) I loved reading your laundry list of female to do's. I think I'm part male as far as some things go and my husband must be part female as well so we work it out. No teenagers yet (10 more years to go) so I can't speak for them but I guess I'll find out sooner or later :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hysterical. Yes, I too live in a home with 4 (counting the spouse) males. I have had to explain that my uterus and breasts do not make cleaning the toilet "fun" for me either. Have made it clear that I do not consider a penis to be a disability precluding their locating and filling the dishwasher. Nor do female hormones make cooking instinctive and satisfying. I just added a sign to my kitchen letting them know that men are not usually shot if found discovered doing the dishes, just in case that fear was holding them back!
    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)