July 13, 2010

Our Cottage View


Our Cottage View
Originally uploaded by dharmainthefalls
This is the view from the front porch of my F-I-L's cottage up north. Greg and the boys are leaving this Sunday for 5 days......uhhhhhh, sorry I just drifted off into some other world where my guys are all out of Town for the week....you know, where I eat icing out of a can for dinner and I can walk topless to the main bathroom.

We go to the cottage every summer with the kids. Greg has been going since he was born. His Grampa George and Gramma Myrtle would take him up when he was a boy for the whole summer. Being the baby of 5, he got to be an only child for the summers with his grandparents....which I am sure is why he is as mellow and sweet as he is compared to his siblings.

I love this place. The cottage is ramshackle but perfect for a week away. It has hot running water now apparently and you can actually plug one thing in and not blow the entire fusebox anymore. Which, in my opinion, kinda makes it lose a bit of its magic but hey, I'm weird like that.

I wish I was going too (and then I get over it). I love this place. Swimming in the dark lake at dusk, the fires, watching Liam and Greg fish in the bay. Listening to Quinn laying in the dirt at the base of the dock making up stories with his little green army men....

But I'll run up and down the hall naked a few times to make sure I'm over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)