July 18, 2010
Corky-mofo!
One unused broken mirror panel (rightside one) from ugliest dresser ever (FREE). My niece Maya and I were determined to make this a functional but beautiful corkboard for her gray/ black and red themed bedroom. Two coats of black laquer spray paint and a coat of spray varnish ($11.00)
Then we measured out 6 12x12" corktiles we had at the house (FREE)....I was drinking the beer. LOL
Got the corktiles in and staggered the pattern to be covered up by a pretty ribbon bought from the bargain bin at Michaels ($1.29). She used ladybug pushpins also from Michaels ($4.00 for 60/ pkg).
A little hot glue, trimming the ribbons and finishing the top with an M for Miss Maya.....PERFECTION!
TOTAL = $16.29 (YAY us under 20 bucks for one-of-a-kindness) I am showing this off on Metamorphosis Monday! Oh and I am also showing off this fine MOnday morning on a few other linky parties. Check out my sidebar at the top for where :) Have a great week everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






That looks great! What a great idea!
ReplyDeleteThat turned out great! I LOVE the monogram at the top, too! Love it!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat looks great!!
ReplyDeleteThis is just great! I love the transformation, you are so creative! Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteSharlotte
Thanks ladies! Maya will be so pleased with all your comments. She is definitely a decorating diva in the making.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!
ReplyDeleteprecious!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Maya has a creative Auntie...she does not get it from her Mom LOL!
ReplyDeleteMy sister....the stalker! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, this looks great! Love the price too! Thanks for stopping over for a visit. I love finding new coffee lovers that understand the need for the black stuff!
ReplyDeleteTotally a good use for that! Thanks for joining us for another great Anything Related! ~Bridgette
ReplyDeleteIt looks awesome and you helped her feel such a part of ownership to it. She'll treasure it that much more. :0)
ReplyDeleteYou really upstyled this one! The two of you did a splendid job, and she'll use it for years. You know, looking at that ugly dresser, what could a new coat of bright paint and some glazing do to make it stylish too?
ReplyDeleteHey Ann, that's the plan....the dresser will be madeover in Heirloom White, those nasty pulls are screaming for a shot of silver.....dontcha think? A little antique rubbing her, a little there.....
ReplyDeleteLooks great!
ReplyDeleteCool! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great price on that project! Visiting from A Little Knick Knack.
ReplyDeleteVery nice! I love how you used stuff around the house to make this unique. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining my Friday link party! See you next week!