
And that darlin' is my weight. Now, let us be clear here. I have been a "big girl" since I was about 12. I mean over 160 lbs at 12. Mind you, I was also over 5 foot 8 but thats dickering. So after 27 years past 12, and 40+ pounds past 160....it is time to face the fats dear ones. I am going to be 40 in 3 months.....did you hear that? That's the sound of all my cells bunching together and shrieking!
"FOUR" and "O" which truly if that was a stat for a football team would be a good start to a season, but to me sounds like a small whisper starting in the background of my consciousness saying sneeringly....."you're getting old sweetheart....how long can you keep up this lifestyle???"
You know, which is a fair fuckin' question really.
I still smoke (albeit moderately but there it is), I drink on weekends and on the occasional Wednesday or Thursday night...OK, I drink. I eat like my 13 year old 128 pound 6 foot 2 inch son. Which is kinda like watching a guy shovel food down his gullet and guard over his plate like he is in jail...I do all the WRONG STUFF!!!
So I am turning this attitude/ lifestyle on itself, if I can be such a CHAMPION at doing all the wrong stuff, it cannot be hard to start to excel at doing the RIGHT STUFF (you know all that shit Dr. Oz keeps prattling on about??).
So I have rejoined the YMCA and have actually showed up twice this week over my lunch hours! I have packed my lunch all week, with healthy options I may add. I have not had any snacks after 7pm all week and I am on-track with my Homeopathic remedies and have started seeing the new (right on) Chiroprator for me. All of this only goes to prove and makes me think....
Fuck I'm old.
Hi! I just joined the Sark community and saw your post about starting a blog! Woo Hoo!! Congrats on your blog, you will have such fun with it! also, sending you some big congrats on taking the steps to keep yourself healthy, that is awesome! As for turning the big 4-0!! LOL!! I did that 6 years ago (wow, I'm 46..yikes! LOL) and you know what, it's not old..it's just better!! Here's to a new phase in your beautiful life!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Cricket :D
not as old as me blossom!!!
ReplyDeleteFirstly, what the hell is SARK? Secondly, I am 46, 5ft4", weight, well, let's just say it's a wee bit more than yours.
ReplyDeleteSo if you are fuckin old, I am really fuckin old, and fat, and old...
SARK = Susan Ariel Rebecca Kennedy, an author that I love and whom has an online community that I participate in. It's where I met such wonderful ladies such as faerian, Cricket etc and where over the past 10 years I've made some of the most amazing online friendships of my life!
ReplyDeleteAs for you being fat and old....c'mere I'll hug every inch ;) We big-boned women must stick together...lol....actually if we did clinch, we just micght *stick together*...bahahahaha
Oops - it's Rainbow, or at least that's what google tells me.
ReplyDeleteHmm, maybe a bit touchy feely for this old hard arse... Will be back to let you know.
As to sticking together, well, as long as someone can still poor a glass of something cold and medicinal, lol.
Madmother - it'd be a cold day in hell before I couldn't get at least one hand free to pour ;)
ReplyDelete