September 23, 2009

From the DailyOm


September 22, 2009: Mapping the Inner Journey & Journaling as Meditation

"Of the countless forms of meditation we can use, journaling offers its own unique benefits. Most meditations help empty the mind of concerns and bring positive ideas from our mental landscape, but journaling helps us anchor that experience in the material world. Not every person is attracted to meditating in seated silence, and journal meditation is a nice alternative as an active meditation. It allows us to trace our journey and see where we have grown and what lessons we may be repeating. By employing a different part of the brain than creative or inspired thought, writing or typing a journal can create a greater sense of connection and union with our physical selves and the world around us."


Oh, so that's why I'm doing this!


Here I thought this was just an exercise in self-indulgence. But I guess when you live a busy cluttered life, where the demands upon you include work, kids, marriage, shopping, paying the bills, friends, extracurricular activities, gardening, pet care, cooking, cleaning, man o man I could just keep going on and on here……lol. I guess you need an outlet.


For me that outlet used to be scrapbooking but the damn digital camera I have has brought that process to a halt. Not that I don’t KNOW that I have to burn all the pics I want printed or print them myself….it’s just putting that into motion and actually DOING anything about it.


So I blog. So I am.

2 comments:

  1. part of journalling in this way too is that it helps others reflect ...
    speeding up planetary healing is one thing you can tick off your to do list today Dharma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I am so getting stuff accomplished today ;)

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)