December 19, 2011

Hairy Christmas!

I am getting ready this week to steal some remaining time off that I am owed. Down to the dregs of work hours and I am pretty proud of myself. Shopping for gifts, groceries and odds & ends is complete. Running around on Friday afternoon (on my lunch hour) to get the groceries into the house under the wire was worth every harrowing moment. I had pretty much all weekend to tidy and fluff the house getting ready for guests and friends.

My Dad will be flying in tonight and the family is super excited to see Gramps for Christmas. It's been at least 20 years since I had a Christmas morning with the old guy so I might be a bit excited too :)

I will admit that I have let up this year on the usual "cavalcade of junk" that makes my family room look like Santa's sleigh threw up....it's a smaller pile this year. As the boys get older the gifts seem to get smaller and more expensive and we have decidedly cinched the belts as well. Yo, we have a pool to pay off, right? Merry Christmas boys.

I am loving the milder winter weather we are enjoying, it's made driving around decent and errands don't seem like a scene from a horror show! Not being a "strong winter driver" means I have taken great advantage of the clear roads to get everything ship-shape prior to the snow flying.

I took the boys to the mall on Friday night, which is a 40 minute drive for us. I was amazed at the lack of whining and thoroughly enjoyed shopping for Dad with my guys. They always surprise me with what they get for one another. It really is sweet, and their gift ideas are so well thought out.

Here is wishing you and yours a lovely holiday. Hairy Christmas, yo!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas, Sweetie! Hope you and yours have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a step ahead of me, i'm still doing a passable impression of a headless chicken, little bits still to get and no, I repeat no food shopping done yet!
    But it'll get done, and i'll lie on the couch eating chocolate, drinking wine and loving every minute!
    Wishing you and yours the best Christmas and a great New Year x

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)