November 14, 2011

Turning the light on the Mermaids....

...or leaving a light on for Susi from Arcadian Lighting. A true "wannabe mermaid"! She's dropping in from points down south from my chilly Canadian burg, bringing you a guest post here in blogland that brings Mermaid-Inspired decor (featuring Arcadian Lighting's line) and other ideas to getcher mermaid selves out there.

Experimenting? I'm in....so take it away Susi!

Hi, I'm Susi a blogger for Arcadian Lighting, a great resource for ideas and inspiration for light fixtures and design inspiration. I love the Wannabe Mermaid blog and am excited to be a guest blogger here today. My post is about mermaid inspired interiors. I decided to focus on the mermaid's tail and those gorgeous fish scales. Enjoy!

Ceiling Fixture in a Mermaid Inspired Room

How gorgeous is this wall of mermaid inspired fish scale tile? The colors are those of the sea. It's so perfect for a mermaid's bathroom.

Lamps in a Mermaid Inspired Room

This gorgeous fish scale wall is made with a stencil called Mermaid. How perfect! The gorgeous fish scale pattern could be custom colored to fit your décor. The blues in the wall color, bedding and glass lamps are beautifully reminiscent of the ocean.

Mermaid Inspired Room

Another version of the Mermaid stencil is done in black with a matte and gloss finish that shimmers like real fish scales. What a gorgeous pattern for a bedroom or powder room.

Mermaid Inspired Room

A fish scale pattern on an area rug makes for a wonderful graphic pattern for the floor. This pattern in blues and greens would look even more like a mermaid's tail.

Mermaid Inspired Room

Gorgeous shimmering fish scale walls in purple feel like a mermaid's tail. I love the purple mermaid wall in a foyer or in a mermaid inspired girl's bedroom.

Mermaid Inspired Room

I love the shimmering surface of the fish scale tiles in this shower. The soft sea inspired colors of blue and aqua have an iridescence that recall the mermaid's tail.

Mermaid Inspired Room

Shimmering gold scales look gorgeous in a frame. Imagine an entire wall covered in this cool DIY idea that uses layers of circles make the fish scales.

Table Lamp in a Mermaid Inspired Room

Like the gold fish scale art, this wall is a DIY project. For the mermaid look, paint the circles a range of blue, aqua, green and purple. Careful positioning of lighting fixtures accent this creative wall. It's gorgeous!

If you loved these mermaid inspired interiors and are craving more inspiration, check out Arcadian Lighting Blog. You'll find the best tips on bathroom lighting and more for your home. Who knows, you could even find inspiration to create a mermaid inspired room for your home too!

Image Credits: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Arcadian Lighting is the best source for lighting fixtures and accessories at discount prices. Arcadian Lighting has been in the lighting industry for over 15 years selling decorative home lighting fixtures and lamps online, and has become one of the top Internet retailers for home lighting products.

Thanks Susi and Anna (my contact at Arcadian Lighting) for the fantastic post. I'm going to be looking all over my house now to see where this mermaid can hang her scales. I have yet to try and/or review one of their products....but I think I'll do that and let you know all about it. Shall I?

6 comments:

  1. I want one of those showers .... but I don't think that I can talk the man that I am currently sleeping with into getting fish scale tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dharma! Thank you so much for having us! I hope you and your readers enjoy the mermaid inspired rooms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the fish scale tiles in the showers... WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, hey girls? Those shower tiles are INSANE! This mermaid needs those....next house? Maybe? Huh? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree... that shower is SWEEET
    ~laura x

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)