October 23, 2010

The spindles.......oh, the spindles.

Longest. Project. Ever.

We got section 2 done last night and this morning.....it's not an "alert the media" moment but I am starting to understand how this is all going to look when it's done and Babies I am EXCITED! No more faux-oak for Dharma :)



I started out with this.....remember?


I cannot recommend these sanding sponges enough, if you are going to give these spindles the sanding they need and get all the crannies in all those horrid country-crevices....gotta have these.


....anbd yes, Virginia, this actually works! I was so scared of getting paint on the carpet but the taping worked, take your time.


OK, OK. I had a little help. I did do all the sanding and most of the priming. Greg finished up the second coat today while he watched (kept an eye on) the guys doing the flooring :)



















Thanks for checking in. Love your stuff, Lady!



Linking to Savvy Southern Style.....just to show off

10 comments:

  1. That's a lot of work! I don't envy you but it looks Fab :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My. God. My carpets are that dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I have white spindles, but my post and rails are oak. I would love to stain those darker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. I know that was a lot of work. I need to tackle my stair rails some time. Would love to have you link to my before and after party. savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking.I just ask that you add my link in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge improvement... really updated the space nicely.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, stopping by from Savvy Southern Style's party. I am also hanging out in suburbia in southern Ontario. The sanding sponges are a great tip, thanks. I'm hoping to paint my spindles white and re-stain the rail darker, but the project will probably have to wait until next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hve the yucky oak stair rail too, now ya got me thinkin over here! They look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the white, very crisp and fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)