October 4, 2010

in my madness....

I started painting out my Faux-oak staircases this weekend. I only got one section done and started clinging to the unpainted rails, seated on the steps wailing away "What have I done?". It's gonna be a long week y'all

Before:
























































See the cherry kitchen cabinets? I matched the new laminate flooring that is going in the downstairs family room/ bedroom to them. Faux-oak is not gonna cut it. So painting I will be. Send tequila.

9 comments:

  1. I send you e-tequila...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan.....I can always count on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dharma, I have been there! Okay I'm still where you are.... waiting for the paint fairy to come finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Sh** you win. Your project sucks more than mine :)
    I had to laugh at how similar our posts are this week. Different projects, same emotional vibe... panic meltdown. I'm thinking kismet that I met you out here.
    Girlfriends are coming over this afternoon to discuss the project plus one of them became a damn grandma ... and she's happy about it. I'm soooooo not ready for that yet. Ohhh shivers. I'm just finishing up getting my own kids raised. Anyway, there will be champagne or margaritas - your choice. Can you make it. You would be such a fabulous addition to my girl pack.
    Hugs and hang in there.
    BTW, how many of those spindles are there? Did you faux oak them the first time? Can't wait to see the finished look. Of course you will have carpel tunnel by then and won't be able to get on the computer.
    Love you.
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a *Paint Fairy*? OMG, when does she come? When I am crippled up and clutching my right hand, in a fetal position on the kitchen floor? cause, that was last night.

    Pam - I soooooo want to come and bitch with your girlies :) I did not induce the faux-oakness. It was a bought as is kinda situation, this however did not make me do anything about it except *bitch* for 5 long years....ask Greg, he'd be happy to tell you all about it.

    Panic meltdown....yup. I am currently staring at the telephone number of a handyman out of my local newspaper because I am PETRIFIED of letting Greg do the laminate flooring...does that make me a bad wife?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking this to Motivated Monday -
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Add tequila.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dharma!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog! I am really grateful that you took time out of your life to share with me your point of view! And your comment was my favorite!!

    You are wonderful!
    Love your guts
    mandi

    p.s.good luck with the railings, those things are a you-know-what (I wont say for fear I might offend someone and face the wrath of a scorned housewife....Lol)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your blog being one year old! Oh man been there with the, what the he'll did I do that for paint jobs. Keep going, I'm sure you'll surprise yourself and it will be great!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)