No, I have never read this book. Yes, I believe in "ah-ha" moments....but I don't think you get them from a bobble-headed phsyco-babble spewing fake like I just saw on what has to be the MOST self-absorbed Oprah rant ever. Seriously, 42 minutes of Oprah telling you what, how and why this book will work for your weight problem too America all the while, the author sits there nodding like a drugged out junkie saying "Riiiight, right, right!". Seriously, you could hear this woman doing the math in her head over what roytalties were coming her way cause she was on the Oprah show.
Now there truly are camps about Miss O. Some women adore her. Other women "used to". Most I think have put her up on the shelf with those girls they don't talk to from highschool anymore. You know? She's that girl. The one who never stopped talking about herself. She had it better than you, you knew it, she knew it and she never stopped f'in talking about it. never....
My God woman, when will it be enough?
Rich = check
Powerful = check
Beautiful = check
When do you add happy to the list and check that off too? Dood, sister needs a mirror. She needs to sit down like Stuart Smalley and really tell herself "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh, darn it, people like me."
Now, I am not Oprah, but I can check off a few things on my own list....
Comfortable = check (in my own skin, in my bank account, in my marriage, in the company of my children, in the knowledge that I have good friends, an agile mind, love from those who matter, in my job and in how I perform it daily)
I think I'm going to write a book. I'll call it "The Comfortable Woman"
You should write the book - why are women obsessed with perfection? we all like to feel that we are doing the best with what we've got, but perfection doesn't leave any room for anything but upholding it.
ReplyDelete"The Comfortable Women" is a good goal!
Remember, its all about wanting what you've got, not getting what you want.......
...words to live by Felicia!
ReplyDeleteI can't stand to hear/see/smell oprah anymore. She used to *say something* now she just has her agenda.
ReplyDeleteCouldn't have said it better dear Dharma. I didn't see the show. Haven't watched Ms O for years. I'm over her. She lost me with Dr. Phil Now there is a loser if I ever saw one.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the vay cay.
Pam
Hey Lady,
ReplyDeleteMan, you rock!!! I tried to get through that book and couldn't do it...didn't get it. You are definately an old soul who's travelled thru the cosmos. I'm not quite as well travelled, but I'm on my way. Next summer...I promise. A case of wine and the cottage, perhaps?
Have a wonderful vacation. Wish Greg a Happy Belated Birthday and give him a kick in the bum from me.
xxoo Krap
You're on my sweet friend! I would like nothing better :)
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so excited that you brought this up and you go girl and write that book! I really can't stand her either. I can't remember the last time I watched her. I just couldn't stand whenever she had an actor on how she compared her acting to theirs. Yes The Color Purple we know, enough already!
ReplyDelete