I do a lot of grocery shopping. I take my Mom weekly along for company and try to stick to some sort of a budget. I have made lists, meal planned, done a “Big Cook”…..see, my issue is I am a bit of a foodie. I live with a man who works with trained chefs all day and my kids eat a snack by tilting back the fridge into their gaping mouths. (Growing boys, ya dig?)
About a year ago my nieces and I were out treasure hunting through some local thrift shops and I can across this sign…I mean where was I ever going to get another sign that espoused the amazingness of “savoury piscatorial tidbits”??? It hung over my stove for a while but with the impending countertop reno and backsplash reno in full swing this week, it had to come down.
You will be seeing and hearing about that reno soon. Promise. Pinky swear!
I was thinking “self…how can you personalize this sign?”. I thought about those Live, Love, Laugh deals. I have some word art already in the home but I wanted this to really reflect my family.
So this is what I came up with. Love it. Some floating shelves for oils and spices and vinegars underneath….you’ll see it hanging with pride when I put up the renovated kitchen ![]()
I need to step it up with my cheapo kitchen reno. We can unveil together, maybe.
ReplyDeleteLook at you, being all crafty!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great!