Enter one of my favourite rooms to blog about, sweat over and redecorate again and again and again.The master bedroom. We have blown out walls, built closets, bought new and used furniture. I’ve painted and rehab’d pieces and have changed the drapes I think 4 times now. That being said, I think I’m done. No really. I think I may have finished.
Now, don’t get all excited and send me flowers just yet. I still have some linens to pick out for the bed and of course some accessories but you know, I think I AM DONE. Don’t tell my husband. I like him to live on the edge!!!!
So how did I get there finally? Believe it or not it was a stencil that pushed me over the cliff. I ordered an all over trellis stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils about 3 weeks ago. The shipping was quick and the product was great. I watched a few videos online at their site for tips and gathered my supplies. They say this is a ‘Beginner’ stencil and that’s pretty fair and accurate. It is easy to match the pattern and it goes up quickly. I used the trim paint to make sure it matched in the room.
Two words to the wise though….level + measure. A lot.
…and VOILA!
The other side of the room is jealous but I have some lovely accessorizing to do there etc. So he won’t be mad long
This room has had aqua, teal and now chocolate accents. It has been tie-dyed, floral, silky and strange. In the end it has turned out very neutral and I think very grown up. The colour story in this room is left to the wall colour (Cricket by Behr) and it does a nice job of keeping the room sophisticated. Like I said some linens and some art & accessories but ladies and germs….. I’m done.
I love this---especially the stencilling. Amazing! The color on the walls is very similar to the color in our master--great minds think alike!
ReplyDeleteAs a long-time follower, I've seen such a lot of change in this room! what a terrific job you've done! LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE the stencil!
ReplyDeleteSoooooooo cool and you did a great job. This is really a bit more difficult and time consuming than people realize. Looks flipping amazing. Just that touch of pattern that was needed. Love it
ReplyDeletep
LOVE the wall, the clean look of the room, the color of the quilt, the fantastic texture of the ottomans...and everything, including the blogger.
ReplyDeleteI have serious bedroom envy right now. We move quite a lot and it's always been the case that all the other rooms get completed before the master. I said it would be different in this house but it's not...grrrr! Looks fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! I love that stencil. It's so versatile!
ReplyDelete