As you may or may not be aware (you are if you follow me on Pinterest), I’ve been skulking around dumpsters in my neighbourhood lately. On the hunt. For these.
I’ve amassed quite a collection. This doesn’t show off what’s lurking in the garage. Greg figures when we are ready for a “hillbilly campfire”, we are good! But there is a method to this madness. As discussed in previous posts, Greg and I are spending the WAD of Gubment $$$ back in taxes this year on a wharf to sit alongside this monster…
So of course this leaves very little money, a huge requirement of inspiration and mucho perspiration on Greg’s part to come up with some cheap outdoor furniture for the GAH-zebo (say that slowly) ![]()
Here is my inspiration shot.
I also got as ton of ideas from Sunny at Life in Rehab over here!
I tried out a few configurations for a low coffee table, but the general weight of these pallets is deceiving. Suckas is heavy!!
I bought the necessary wood screws and castors. 2 stationary castors for the back and 2 swivel castors for the front. In doing so I can almost guarantee the boys won’t use this for a skateboard and none of my Magarita-Madness beotches best girlfriends will push it over when they fall down.
Please refer to the following pics as my attempts to outshine the Pioneer Woman’s ass shots of her rancher husband ![]()
Let’s get this going already!
To make the depth and strength of the pallet enough for the castors we had to add a little oooomph, as in beefing the corners with scrap wood. But here is the finished product. My thinking (OK, OK Greg’s thinking) is that the top section is good for drinks, candles etc. but I surmised the bottom section (as it is very big) would be nice for putting your feet up.
Staining to follow. I like it!
Good boy Greg! Kisses!!! Pudge, kiss Daddy for me.

I love this idea---We used some pallets my husband got at work and built a potting bench.
ReplyDeleteOkay, seriously? have you been up in my head? I have been thinking this would be an option for us too. I just need to find me some pallets. Mike started having a midlife crisis a couple years back, when the economy started tanking down here in the US of A. So figuring that the car biz would probably be in for a few rough years, he decided to start a towing business. He calls it Hooker Towing. So I like to say some guys, or Secret Service men hit this point and find a young thing or a hooker, my guy though went out and bought five hookers. They are all trucks. The biggest one has her name, The Madame, painted on the side. Well Hooker Towing has evolved into Hooker Body Shop too. So whenever he runs across a pallat he wants them for car parts. I can't believe it has come to this. I have hit such a low I am fighting my hubs for used wooden pallets. :D I saw some next to a dumpster and asked about them but they told me they had already been promised to a HOOKER employee. Argh!!! :D
ReplyDeleteLove this. Finish it up and we need to feature it.
hugs,
p
P! Bahahahaha! You win....fighting "hookers" for pallets is waaaaay more skeezier than dumpster diving behind the Staples :)
ReplyDelete