October 23, 2011

Nostalgia or NUTS?

I've been on the hunt for a really SPECTACULAR project. I have also been on the hunt for a *hi-fi* for about 5 years. In fact I started collecting records without the turntable. Seriously, I have Thriller, it has yet to be played. That is a crime against nature, I know.

So I have been searching for a bit of both. How does this grab ya?



I'm thinking yellow.....or teal......new fabric in the speaker cabinets?

I know. I'm nuts. That however does not change the fact that you want to come over, sit on my livingroom floor and play oldies all day drinking root beer ;)

I shall let you know how this unfolds, shall I?

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Does it work? How exciting! I'm seeing yellow for this piece. Although I do love turquoise as well. But yellow seems more timeless.

    How was your weekend with hubby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not nuts. Seriously cool. I would love to have one that I can paint up and put in my Hollywood Regency vibed living room. Then I could almost be as cool as my favorite mermaid. You really shouldn't share this stuff with me. I will copy everything you do. You will hate me. :) but I will be the envy of all of my Iowa friends. I just tell them I get my coolness factor from you.
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have Thriller on vinyl along with Madonna's Like A Virgin. But that's where my coolness ends, because I also have Boxcar Willie and the original Mini Pops, so.....I'll bring over some wine (white for you) and a little Boxcar one evening when it's all finished, K?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I LOVE the idea of painting it yellow! I love listening to vinyls..brings you back a little. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool. I remember my parents having something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments, ladies. I'm in possession of this baby now. It needs work on the turntable and I think I have a line on someone local to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant... pretty sure my folks had the same one when i was growing up. my dad played his bluegrass albums....
    its a perfect project. have fun !!
    ~laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I CANT freakin WAIT to see this done....Im so envious...nothing sounds better than a really great song with the classic record static playing before every song!

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)