April 13, 2011

Is Traditional a Dirty Word?

If I could sip cocktails with you I would want to do it here:


















Check out the new partnered online magazine at LonnyMag.com called TRADhome. It's a mix between the same old fab we expect to see from Traditional Home and the online zip of LonnyMag!

A good question posed for readers is "How do you define traditional?" I always defined my style as "eclectic" which is Dharmaese for:

I have no money or
My kids would tear that apart in 3 days or
My Gramma doesn't live here or
Who says I have to put that there? or
All of the above.

But as my style actually emerges now that I am aware of the choices I am making in my home and as I have a bit more to invest....I find I am drawn to a bit more of a traditional style than I thought I ever would be.

Enjoy the pretty pictures ma' Lovelies!

7 comments:

  1. I discovered my style when the house burned down. Getting to branch out and start over is a real opportunity. And that room is totally eclectic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our styles are constantly evolving. Just like we like different outfits for different things, we like different rooms to have different vibes. A designer would tell you the house needs to flow but I say fuck 'em. do what you want. :)

    You thought I was going to be all philosophical and serious didn't you? Sometimes I actually am. Shocking.

    I am sworn to fun and loyal to none. My style is usually different from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. My trouble is I like too many things. So I have no choice, unless the hubs wants to buy me seven houses, than to mix my favorite loves.

    I have been so busy getting ready for a show/sale that I haven't had time to read blogs. Then somebody had to go and die... a cousin I hadn't seen in thirty years, but my mom wanted to go to the funeral in bumfuck Egypt. So we drove. My aunt went too. A real party but there actually were some laughs. We went to a carwash that turned out to be a carwash/ tanning salon/ martini bar. I kid you not.

    luvs ya
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auntie, I've become one of you! Dun dun dun! ;)

    Also, that room is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just reread my previous comment. I should probably dial back the vulgarities. :) Anyway thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on that way too expensive but I wish I could have it pillow. Your comments always make me laugh out loud and then everybody else wants to know what is so funny or maybe they just think I'm a little wack - sitting at my computer chuckling to myself.
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. P - bring the vulgar! LOL, you know I'll love you anyway. I have a tendency to giggle at your comments too which always makes Greg think my blog is actually about porn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shape of the chairs in the photo! I agree, the more $$$ I spend on something the more it leans to Traditional! Happy Earth Day =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a full home tour is in order. I am kind of drawn to these blues and greens lately. Inspire me Ms D. :)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Holla! I love to hear from you....I read every word :)